Established in 1992 by the Schechter Institute of Jewish Studies, Midreshet Schechter sponsors Jewish educational activities in Israel and Ukraine, conducted in a traditional yet open and inclusive atmosphere.
Known in Ukraine as “Midreshet Yerushalayim”, its programs stress Jewish tradition, history, peoplehood and the centrality of Israel in Jewish life, thereby strengthening Jewish communal life and identity.
- The Midreshet Schechter/Masorti Olami Center in Kiev
- Additional Educational Centers and Communities in Chernowitz, Odessa, Kharkhov and Berdichev
- The Lyceum Kharkov Day School
- Camp Ramah for youth ages 11-16 (Camp RamahYachad)
- Counselor Training Seminar for Camps
- An Annual Week Long Teacher Training Seminar
- Ramah Family Camp for Young Families
Altogether some 1,000 children, students and adults participate in these activities.